Turkey Pesto Sliders
Sliders are one of those categories of foods that is just fun to eat. I’d rather eat 2 or 3 small sandwiches than one big one any day. I’m not sure Mike agrees with me on that point, but regardless, he absolutely loved these turkey pesto sliders. We’re both big fans of anything involving basil or pesto, so I knew these sandwiches would be a big hit. They’re really simple to make – so simple that you have a hard time believing just how good they taste.
I made these sliders for my sister-in-law’s bachelorette party and everyone loved them. Friends kept asking me how I made them, and then couldn’t believe it when I told them how easy they are. They make a great party food – either as an appetizer or part of a light meal. You can even assemble these sandwiches ahead of time and then just bake them right before serving. Paired with a salad or other side, these make a great lunch or dinner as well. I have a feeling these sandwiches will be a summer staple in our house!
P.S. Using homemade slider buns (a.k.a. French Bread Rolls) are the way to go with this recipe!
Turkey Pesto Sliders
- 6 slider buns
- 6 slices of turkey deli meat
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Split the slider buns and lay a folded slice of turkey on the bottom half of each bun. Add a slice of provolone on top of the turkey. Spread a small amount of both the mayonnaise and the pesto on the inner side of the top half of each bun. Replace the top bun over the cheese to assemble the sandwiches.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through. If you find the tops of the buns are getting too crusty in the oven, you can brush them with melted butter before baking.
from Annies Eats
Yummy! One of my favorite combinations. I like that they are baked.
These sound like something I would love too!! I definitely prefer small sandwiches over a large one.
Love these Megan and they are perfect for spring/summer picnics 🙂
They are so cute 🙂 love pesto
Looks yummy! Can't wait to try one!;) ~ xoxo
they are adorable, love the looks of them.
Love the pesto!
I love pesto…and I have seen the slider buns in the grocery store, but I haven't been creative enough to try them.
I left you an award at my blog. Make sure you check it out.
These look great…and how cool that you bake them!
I think I would just about kill for one of those right now!
Did you make your own pesto for these? If not, what brand/store did you purchase yours? If so, can I have the recipe – it's simple too, right? 🙂
Melissa – I bought the pesto at Meijer – not sure what brand it was. It was pretty good though. I've also bought pesto at world market, which I loved. Any kind you try should be good. I am planning to make homemade pesto, but probably not until summer when I have fresh basil growing in my herb garden! 🙂 If you google it, I'm sure you will be able to find a recipe that works.
I love pesto! I often mix it with Mayo as a spread for different sandwiches. These looks so cute and good! I might have to use this for Mother's Day brunch!
Yum! I love sliders!
mm those sound amazingly delicious! I'll give them a try, I like them way too much :)))