How fun is this party popcorn?? I saw this on Pinterest (original recipe comes from She Wears Many Hats) and knew that I had to make it as soon as possible. I made it for a girl’s get together a few weeks ago and it was a definite hit. If you like sweet and salty desserts, then this popcorn is for you. Plus it’s so easy to make! You start with plain popped popcorn, add a little bit of salt, then stir in some melted candy melts until the popcorn is coated. Add in some sprinkles at the end and you’ve got a delicious and addicting snack. I used pink candy melts and white sprinkles because that’s what I had on hand, but you can use whatever colors you want. Zeke’s first birthday(!!) is coming up and I’m going to make another batch for his party in more boy-ish colors. This is such a fun idea for a party, and kids love it as well as adults. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂*Notes: I popped my popcorn using an air popper. We have this air popper and love it – it works perfectly! Also, I definitely recommend candy melts over melted white chocolate chips – they are a lot easier to work with. If you’re unsure of what they are, here is a link to them on Amazon.
- 7 ounces candy melts, melted
- 9 cups popped popcorn, lightly salted (I used an air popper, but you can use a bag of microwave pocorn)
- Nonpareils or small sprinkles
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl or on a large baking sheet. Be careful to sort out the unpopped kernels.
- Gently mix in the melted candy melts until well combined. (I used my hands and worked quickly).
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on top before the chocolate hardens.
from She Wears Many Hats
CLEARLY I’m all about this.
So cute! I definitely have to make some of this for my 4 year old daughter. Everything HAS to be pink. And I really need to get an air popper. I’m horrible at popping corn, especially in the microwave :-}
How adorable 🙂 I have to try this!!