Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
I’ve got another great pumpkin recipe for you today! This chocolate pumpkin bread is sure to be a fall favorite that you make year after year. I got the recipe from a woman in my church who makes this bread every year to give out to friends and family. After hearing all the rave reviews, I knew I had to try the recipe for myself. Like most quick breads, this recipe is easy to throw together and tastes great. You end up with three loaves (although it would be pretty easy to cut down the recipe), which makes it perfect to be able to eat some and also give some away. The bread is nice and moist from the pumpkin and full of chocolate flavor and fall spices. We loved this bread and I’m pretty sure you will too!
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Yield: Makes 3 loaves
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to three greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
From Taste of Home
Megan, I’m so glad you posted this… I was going to ask for the recipe 🙂 It is so nice and moist. Yum!
Glad you liked it! In case you couldn’t tell, you card making girls have become my test subjects for new recipes 😉
I am all over this! Looks great!
i definitely need to try this out! yum!
What a great combo! These look amazing 🙂
Megan – the good news is we don’t mind being your test subjects one bit! Just means we get to eat lots of wonderful things 🙂
This looks so perfect 🙂 I am dying to get a few slices in my belly!
I was so excited to try this recipe, I ran out to buy the chocolate and ended up buying semi sweet instead of unsweetened bakers chocolate. Can I still use it? Should I cut down on the sugar in the recipe or go exchange it for the correct chocolate? Thanks!
Do you think you could use applesauce or coconut oil instead of canola oil? I’m trying to stay away from processed oils!
Pingback: Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Bread | Jack's Crunchy Mama
This was much too tempting on FB earlier. They are fresh from the oven and delicious!
Made today. Very yummy!
I made this last week. So tasty! By far the best chocolate pumpkin bread recipe I’ve ever tried!