How fun are these scarecrow treats?? I originally saw these on Pinterest, and knew I had to try them as soon as possible. They are such a fun Fall inspired treat. Plus you can’t go wrong with a cute name like scarecrow treats. 🙂 The bottom layer is a chewy cake mix crust with melted marshmallows spread on top. The top layer, though, is my favorite. It’s a perfect mix of peanut butter, rice krispies and candy corn! The end result is sweet, chewy, and delicous. This recipe makes a lot, so be prepared to share. Trust me, I don’t think anyone will complain. 🙂
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cake mix and butter. Beat on low speed until well mixed. Add egg and continue beating until well mixed. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle marshmallows over hot crust. Return to oven and continue baking 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows puff.
- Meanwhile, combine corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2-4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Stir in cereal, peanuts and candy corn. Immediately spoon over marshmallows; spread to cover. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
from Land O'Lakes
I love the name for these. I can’t resist a treat with candy corn!
Hmmm… these look familiar 😉 They were delicious and I especially liked the saltiness of the peanuts in there. Yum!
Oh yum!! These look so tasty and sweet 🙂