Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
These peanut butter pretzel bites are like a cross between a peanut butter ball and a chocolate covered pretzel. Doesn’t that sound amazing? With a combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels, how can you go wrong?
I enjoyed making these treats not only because they tasted great, but also because they were incredibly simple and very cute. You can use any type of pretzels you want – traditional pretzel shapes would work great, as would the little square ones. I happened to find Christmas shaped pretzels at Meijer, which made these little treats extra cute!
These peanut butter pretzel bites are quick to prepare and addicting once you start eating them! Mike’s actually not a big fan of peanut butter desserts (crazy, right??) so I was unsure of how these would rank in his book. I’m pretty sure they were his least favorite of the treats I made this year, but that just meant more for me and all the other normal people who like peanut butter treats. 😉
I took most of these to a church get together and the overwhelmingly positive reaction convinced me that these treats needed to be shared on the blog as soon as possible. 🙂 Everyone (other than my crazy husband) LOVED these! So enjoy! I’m positive these peanut butter pretzel bites would make a fun and tasty treat this Christmas. 🙂
**Since I originally posted this recipe, this has consistently been one of my highest traffic posts for the holidays. Everyone loves these, year after year. Now that’s the mark of a good recipe!**
*Note: you can find the holiday shaped pretzels on Amazon!
P.S. You can see all of my Christmas treat recipes from over the years at this Christmas Cookies tag. Enjoy! And, as always, let me know if you try any and how you liked them.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Pretzels (You can find the holiday shaped pretzels on Amazon)
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat peanut butter and butter until combined. Scrape down bowl, add sugars and beat until combined. You should be able to roll the mixture into balls without sticking to your hands. If needed, add more powdered sugar until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 teaspoon of mixture for each ball, and place on prepared baking sheet. Sandwich the balls between two pretzels and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Dip each pretzel bite halfway into the melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
For all 12 Days of Christmas Treats click here!