You are going to love these breakfast enchiladas! This is the best breakfast casserole I’ve ever made and I am so excited to share it with you.
We had a family brunch a few weeks ago after Zeke’s baby dedication at church, and these breakfast enchiladas were on the menu. I was a little nervous to be experimenting with a new recipe when we had company, but I’m so glad I did because it was a huge hit!
It’s a make ahead dish, which is perfect for a busy morning, and I love that you can customize it to your own tastes. I used sausage, but you could easily use bacon or ham instead, or change up the veggies.
This is such a fun and different take on the classic egg casserole, and I can guarantee I’ll be making it again.
Looking for more egg dish ideas? Check out these recipes!
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cups Chopped Green Onions
- 2-½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 10 whole Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Half-and-half
- 6 whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- Salsa and Sour Cream, To Serve
- In a large pan, cook the sausage, peppers and onions together until the sausage is done. Let cool slightly. Stir together sausage mixture, green onions and 2 cups of cheese in a large bowl. Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop out cheese mixture onto a tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Repeat until all the tortillas are squeezed into the pan.
- Whisk together half-and-half, eggs and flour. Pour over tortillas. Cover and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs are set. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over enchiladas and bake, uncovered for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.