Queso Blanco Dip

Queso Blanco

I can’t get over how good this queso blanco dip is. This is another Pinterest find and another recipe that is here to stay. This white cheese dip is just like what they serve at Mexican restaurants, and it tastes so good! It’s cheesy and just a little bit spicy and perfect served with chips.  The recipe comes together in minutes in the microwave and you only need to dirty one dish. Feel free to play around with the recipe and adjust the spiciness, but I happen to think it tastes great as is! I served this for a girl’s night a few weeks ago and used a mini crockpot to keep it warm, which worked great. Just make sure to give it a stir every once in awhile. Everyone seemed to really like it and I’m sure I’ll be making it for future events!

Queso Blanco

Queso Blanco Dip

1 1/4 lb White American Cheese (I found Land O'Lakes brand at my deli counter), cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup diced green chiles
2 pickled jalapenos, chopped
1 ounce pickled jalapeno juice
2/3 cup whole milk
1/2 cup cold water
pinch of cumin

Combine all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring after every minute. The mixture will seem watery at first, but will combine into a runny dip once all the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with tortilla chips for dipping. Store leftover dip in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy and hot.

19 Responses to “Queso Blanco Dip”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 26, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Love cheese dip, especially when it has a nice kick to it!

Eliana — January 26, 2012 @ 10:26 am

Hmmmm – this is awesome Megan. I just just need to add this to my super bowl party spread.

Lindsay {life and kitchen} — January 26, 2012 @ 10:30 am

I just made queso dip the other day! It was a different recipe, but can you really go wrong with melted cheese and tortilla chips?? :)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — January 26, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

I am not a fan of cheese dips, but one of my best friends is obsessed with the white cheese dip at Mexican restaurants. Can’t wait to share this with her!

cindy — January 26, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

This looks like a perfect party food. I have a small crock pot that would be perfect for this.

BusyWorkingMama — January 26, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

Yum! I’ve never attempted to make my own – looks delish.

Kristy — January 26, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

Megan–I feel kinda silly asking this, but I’m not sure what pickled jalapenos are. Where do you find them in the store?

• megan replied: — January 26th, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

No need to feel silly, I wasn’t sure where to find them either! At my Meijer they were with all the Mexican foods, same area as diced green chilis you need for this recipe (and the salsa and tortillas, etc). I bought Meijer brand and they are already sliced, not whole jalapenos, so I just estimated the amount I needed. They just look like sliced jalapenos in liquid in a jar. I hope you find them! :)

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — January 27, 2012 @ 8:38 am

I have a seriously unhealthy addiction to queso dip. This one looks especially delicious! I hear there is a big football game in a few weeks, totally making this for it!

kristin — January 28, 2012 @ 10:06 pm

selah is taking spanish this semester. in her last lesson, i learned that queso means cheese. after all my years of eating queso, i had no idea:) how humiliating:)

anyway, thanks for the recipe. it looks delicious! looking forward to trying it out!

• megan replied: — January 30th, 2012 @ 6:24 am

ha, that is funny! Tell Selah I’m impressed, and I hope you like the dip :)

Queso Blanco Dip | Fabulessly Frugal: Extreme Couponing Blog: Coupon Classes - Learn how Extreme Couponing Works — January 29, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

[...] Recipe and Photo Credit by Kearna · Leave a CommentFiled under: Recipes  [...]

Katy — February 5, 2012 @ 11:54 am

just made this for the super bowl tonight~ (GO Pat’s) BTW, the dip is INSANE, in a good way! Yum, yum! Thanks for posting, and I love you blog!

• megan replied: — February 6th, 2012 @ 8:46 am

I’m so glad you liked it! I made it for our Superbowl get together as well :)

Mexican Queso - My Foods : My Foods — July 25, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

[...] WhatMegansMaking Categories: [...]

Angela — August 11, 2012 @ 12:15 am

Question: Are the white american cheese singles (store brand) the same as the Land O’Lakes brand you mentioned? I was trying to find a big block of it with no luck. I never buy american cheese and am not sure if I got the right kind or if it even matters. Thanks :)

• megan replied: — August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:15 am

Honestly, I’m not sure. I bought land o’lakes brand already sliced in the deli area. If you try it, let me know if it works. So sorry for the slow response!

Angela — August 25, 2012 @ 2:44 am

I ended up using the single slices and it worked out perfectly. I actually made this for our end of the summer BBQ and cooked it in the crockpot. Everyone loved it; yummm! Thank you for the recipe.

• megan replied: — August 25th, 2012 @ 7:37 am

I’m so glad you liked it, and that it worked using the single slices. Thanks for letting me know! :)