Easy Caramel Apple Turnovers
I’ve got a great easy fall recipe to share with you today! In case you can’t tell from my previous posts, I have a small obsession with baking with apples. I love to find new recipes to try and get plenty of inspiration from magazines, other blogs, or just
wasting time on browsing Pinterest. I found the recipe for these easy little treats on the Marzetti KitchensSM site. I was searching the site for something new and fun to try and these apple turnovers just jumped out at me. If you haven’t seen it before, you should check out the Marzetti Kitchens recipe site. There are all kinds of family friendly recipes and new ways to use the T. Marzetti Company products. I love that you can search specifically for seasonal recipes, and I actually found a few more recipes I can’t wait to try.
These caramel apple turnovers are a perfect use for the Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip. Apples and caramel go so well together, and when you combine them with flaky puff pastry and a little bit of cinnamon, you’ve got a treat that is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it. I never would have thought to use actual caramel dip in a recipe like this, but it worked perfectly. The caramel dip added just the right amount of sweetness to the recipe and really made the apple turnovers stand out from more traditional recipes. The use of puff pastry simplifies the process as well, making the recipe seem do-able on a busy weeknight. If you’re a fan of caramel apples, I hope you try this recipe – I’m pretty sure you’ll be glad you did. 🙂
***What Marzetti Kitchens recipe do you want to try? Share your favorite in the comments below for a chance to win a $100 VISA Gift Card!***
Easy Caramel Apple Turnovers
- 1/2 cup Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip, plus more for drizzling
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- One (17.3 oz.) prepared puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp. water, beaten egg + water glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a microwave safe bowl, combine apples, butter and cinnamon; microwave for 3-4 minutes. The apples should be slightly tender. Drain apples and toss with cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll puff pastry sheet into a 10 x 10 inch square. Cut into four squares. Lightly brush a 1/2-inch border around each square with cold water. Fill the center of each square with an equal amount of apples. Fold one corner over the fruit to the other corner to create a triangle. Press the dough together on both sides. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. With a fork, crimp the sides together. Repeat the process with remaining apples and dough. Lightly brush turnovers with egg glaze. With a small knife, make vent in the top of each turnover. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a microwave safe container, microwave Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip for 10-30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds. Transfer warm dip to a resealable plastic bag. Snip the end off one of the corners of the bag and drizzle the top with the warm dip. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
No duplicate comments.
You may submit a total of two (2) entries using any of the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with who do not have Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You will have 72 hours to get back to me; otherwise, a new winner will be selected. By posting a comment, entrant agrees that any or all of the submitted comment, whether randomly chosen as a Winner or not, may be reproduced on BlogHer’s website and social media profiles, and those websites and social media profiles of its licensees, including T. Marzetti Company, in connection with this Promotion without compensation at the sole discretion of representatives of BlogHer (and without further notice of any kind).
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/14/13-11/24/13
Be sure to visit the Marzetti Kitchens Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and discover more chances to win!