Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate
You are going to love this homemade hot chocolate! I made this for Zeke’s birthday party last weekend and it was a big hit. We had a Winter “One”derland party (thank you Pinterest), and set up this creamy hot chocolate as part of a hot chocolate bar! Everyone who tried it absolutely loved it. It is rich and chocolatey and completely delicious. I realize hot chocolate season is almost over, but I couldn’t wait until next winter to share this with you. If you’re like us here in Michigan and still “enjoying” quite a bit of cold weather, make this hot chocolate to cheer yourself up. It’s so completely creamy and wonderful that you’ll almost be glad the cold weather stuck around. 🙂
*Note: This recipe can be made in a crockpot as well – perfect for a hot chocolate bar!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark chocolate)
- Stir together the cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot or large saucepan.
- If using a crockpot, cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving.
- If using a saucepan on the stove, heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving.
from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
With heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk, how could it not be wonderful! 🙂
In my opinion, hot chocolate season, is any season here in the Pacific Northwest (where it rains all.the.time). This looks wonderful!!
This weather is perfect for hot chocolate and this hot chocolate seems perfect!
I just adore homemade hot chocolate 🙂 so cozy!
I can’t wait to make them this winter! Thanks for this!