Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti
These chocolate peppermint biscotti are the perfect accompaniment for your cup of tea or coffee! Make this easy coffee shop favorite in your own home.
If you are a chocolate and peppermint fan (and a biscotti fan), you will love these chocolate peppermint biscotti!
I love almost any type of biscotti. Every year I make all these crazy decadent cookies, and every year I find myself choosing to eat the biscotti rather than the other, more fancy cookies. I think it’s because I like to make myself a cup of tea, sit down and relax, and enjoy my cookie and my warm drink. 🙂
The chocolate cookie base is everything biscotti should be – mildly sweet, crunchy, but not too crunchy, and full of chocolate. 🙂
Of course I also had to dress them up a bit. I added some white chocolate and crushed peppermint candy canes to give them more of a festive appearance and taste. Plus, you can never have too much chocolate, right? 🙂 I hope you enjoy these – we definitely did!
Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti are day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Treats! I will post a new cookie every day for the first 12 days of December. You can see all these recipes from over the years under my Christmas Cookies tag. 🙂 See all of this year’s cookies here: 12 Days of Christmas Treats 2015. Enjoy! And, as always, let me know if you try any and how you liked them.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz white chocolate morsels
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cocoa and baking powder and beat for 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the flour. Mix the chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough into two parts, and form each part into a 9 inch log. Place logs on lightly greased cookie sheet, about 4 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Carefully remove logs to cutting surface. Cut into 1/2-inch slices with sharp serrated knife. Arrange pieces on same cookie sheet, cut-side down and bake at 325 degrees for 9 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake for 7 minutes more. Remove from oven to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate morsels according to package directions, Spread one side of each biscotti with white chocolate then sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. Allow chocolate to set before transferring to an airtight container.