Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
Banana bread baked oatmeal uses pantry staples and brings the delicious taste of banana bread to a healthy and filling bowl of oatmeal!
You are going to love this banana bread baked oatmeal! This is my new favorite oatmeal recipe, and even better, my kids all love it too!
We’ve had a little trouble finding oatmeal at the store lately, and I was starting to get anxious as my oatmeal supply dwindled down. The kids love plain oatmeal for breakfast, but a lot of times we have some form of baked oatmeal for lunch or even as a breakfast-for-dinner option. Thankfully I finally found oatmeal at Aldi, and to celebrate, we had this banana bread baked oatmeal for dinner!
This oatmeal is incredibly easy to make and doesn’t take long at all from start to finish. It’s fairly healthy since it’s mainly made of oatmeal and bananas, and it makes your house smell like banana bread as it’s baking! I cut down the sugar a little without anyone noticing, but if you like your oatmeal extra sweet, feel free to add in a little extra. So often it feels like baked oatmeal is more like a dessert than a breakfast, but this is one recipe I definitely feel OK about eating for breakfast (and letting the kids eat as much of it as they wanted!)
To make this oatmeal you just need to mash up some ripe bananas (the riper your bananas, the sweeter your oatmeal will be), and mix them with the rest of the ingredients. Pour into your prepared baking dish and bake – and that’s it! We serve this warm with some milk on top, but I know other people like to eat it with yogurt or maple syrup. I’ve had good success doubling this recipe – when I do, I bake it in a 9×13, but also remove some of the batter to bake in muffin tins or in another small dish. It’s not necessary, but I find that it bakes more evenly and takes less time if you don’t overfill your baking dish.
I hope you try this one (and that you can find all the ingredients!) 🙂 My kids love when banana bread baked oatmeal is on the menu, and I hope your family loves it as much as we do.
Looking for more baked oatmeal? Try these suggestions: Amish style apple and cinnamon baked oatmeal | Blueberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal | Classic Baked Oatmeal
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
Banana bread baked oatmeal brings the delicious taste of banana bread to a healthy and filling bowl of oatmeal!
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 large or 3 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, milk, eggs, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in oats, cinnamon, and salt; stir until mixture is well-combined.
- Spread oatmeal into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with optional garnishes: warm milk or cream drizzled over the top, toasted pecans, maple syrup, or fresh fruit.
adapted from Five Heart Home