Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
I know some of you may think it’s too early for pumpkin flavored treats, but I couldn’t help but share this pumpkin spice puppy chow with you! I made this last week on the spur of the moment after I saw pumpkin spice Hershey’s kisses in a local grocery store. I love regular peanut butter puppy chow, but this pumpkin spice version just might be even better! As with all puppy chow, it’s incredibly easy to make and also incredibly addicting to eat. I tried to give as much of this away as I could before we were tempted to eat it all, and let’s just say that nobody complained. 🙂 Because it’s made with both pumpkin spice kisses and pumpkin pie spice, the fall flavor really shines through, making this the perfect snack for this time of year.
*Note: If you’re looking for pumpkin spice Hershey’s kisses, I hear Target carries them. I personally found them at D&W Fresh Market. And of course, there’s always Amazon. 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
- 1 10-oz bag pumpkin spice Hershey's kisses
- 1 Tbsp shortening, optional
- 8 cups Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- In a gallon size freezer bag, combine the powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. Pour the chex into a large bowl.
- In a double boiler, melt the pumpkin spice kisses until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick, you can add a little bit of shortening to thin it out a little.
- Pour the melted kisses over the chex cereal and stir until evenly coated. Add the cereal to the bag with the powdered sugar and shake until fully incorporated. Sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin pie spice when serving.
adapted from Creating and Teaching
I love almonds with dark chocolate!
This sounds AMAZING! Will definitely have to give it a try! Thanks.
I love almond butter on a banana for a snack, candied almonds and my favorite is in macarons!
Definitely NOT too early for pumpkin treats! I love that you melted the hershey’s kisses for this!
such a nice snack. sounds interesting.
Yay pumpkin recipes! I’m not usually a fan of puppy chow but I am currently obsessed with everything pumpkin so I may have to try it. I know my boyfriend would love it 🙂
I love to eat almonds on top of oatmeal! They add lovely crunch and flavor.
Btw I followed you on Pinterest. Am I completely out of the loop or what? I didn’t even know you were on Pinterest! But then again, I guess everyone is so I should have just assumed. 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you find!
It’s never too early for pumpkin treats. 🙂 I love puppy chow so much and have to try this version!
I love this twist on puppy chow – and its definitely not too early for pumpkin recipes! I will have to look for those Hershey’s kisses…
Pingback: Pumpkin Pie Puppy Chow Recipe
These were great! I have to say I couldn’t part with the peanut butter. so used that instead of shortening. It was very tasty.
Pingback: Pumpkin Recipe Collection
Pingback: Bye Week: Wear to Work Edition | might as well
Pingback: Friday Favorites–Pumpkins | Crafty Staci
Pingback: Pinterest Recipe Roundup: Pumpkin | the Wannabe Housewife
Pingback: Put Down the Pumpkin Spice Latte, You Can Do Better: 13 Delish Recipes | jetsettimes
Pingback: Wish List: Pumpkin | Cake Over Steak
Pingback: Yummm…fall | Kenzie Riley Keeps it Real (KR)^2