Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate
You are going to love this homemade hot chocolate! I made this for Zeke’s birthday party last weekend and it was a big hit. We had a Winter “One”derland party (thank you Pinterest), and set up this creamy hot chocolate as part of a hot chocolate bar! Everyone who tried it absolutely loved it. It is rich and chocolatey and completely delicious. I realize hot chocolate season is almost over, but I couldn’t wait until next winter to share this with you. If you’re like us here in Michigan and still “enjoying” quite a bit of cold weather, make this hot chocolate to cheer yourself up. It’s so completely creamy and wonderful that you’ll almost be glad the cold weather stuck around. 🙂
*Note: This recipe can be made in a crockpot as well – perfect for a hot chocolate bar!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark chocolate)
- Stir together the cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot or large saucepan.
- If using a crockpot, cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving.
- If using a saucepan on the stove, heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving.
from Mrs. Happy Homemaker