These twix cookies have a shortbread cookie, caramel filling, and chocolate topping – just like a twix candy bar!
How cute are these Twix cookies? I love how round and layered and pretty they are. And believe it or not, they taste just like a Twix candy bar!
I made these for my Christmas cookie trays this year and they are almost always the first ones to disappear when I set them out! I guess people just love the flavor of Twix.
Just like their candy counterparts, these cookies consist of three layers – a shortbread cookie on the bottom, creamy caramel in the middle, and chocolate on top. Yum!!
Each layer is easy to make, and the only time consuming part is spreading the caramel and chocolate on each cookie. It’s worth it though, when you end up with a small army of delicious Twix cookies.
We couldn’t stop eating these – they are crunchy and creamy and sweet and delicious. Plus, they look really pretty on a cookie tray!
If you like Twix candy bars, you need to try these cookies – you will love them!
See this link for comments from bakers who tried and LOVED this recipe on Pinterest!
Twix Cookies are day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas Treats! I will post a new cookie every day for the first 12 days of December. You can see all these recipes from over the years under my Christmas Cookies tag. See all of this year’s cookies here: 12 Days of Christmas Treats 2015. Enjoy! And, as always, let me know if you try any and how you liked them.
Yield: Makes about 36 cookies
These twix cookies have a shortbread cookie, caramel filling, and chocolate topping - just like a twix candy bar!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz of caramel (I used Kraft caramel bits)
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown on the bottom. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- Combine caramel and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions. Spread over cooled cookies and let set.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before eating and serving.
from Chef in Training