Nutter Butter Truffles
By now I’m guessing most people have tried the ever popular oreo truffles that appear around this time of year. (If not, you need to make some!). Well these nutter butter truffles are the same general idea, just made with nutter butters instead of oreos!
I saw this idea awhile ago on a random website (sorry, I can’t remember where!) and bought a package of nutter butters when they were on sale a few weeks later.
The little peanut butter cookies proceeded to sit, unopened, in my cabinet until I started planning the 12 Days of Christmas Treats. All of a sudden I remembered them and just knew that nutter butter truffles would show up as one of the treats.
I happily surprised when I finally got around to making these cute little truffles. They are smooth and creamy on the inside, and the white chocolate coating is a great accompaniment to the peanut butter filling. The cream cheese keeps these from being too sweet, and they are not quite as peanut buttery as traditional peanut butter balls.
Mike actually prefers these over peanut butter balls, but if I had to choose I still think I’d choose the traditional peanut butter balls over these new truffles. It would be a tough choice though! If you’re looking for something new and different (and cute), give these a try. They’re easy and delicious!
P.S. You can see all of my Christmas treat recipes from over the years at this Christmas Cookies tag. Enjoy! And, as always, let me know if you try any and how you liked them.
Nutter Butter Truffles
- 1 package nutter butters
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- white chocolate discs for melting
- peanut butter for drizzling
- white chocolate for drizzling
- Crush nutter butters in food processor. Combine crushed cookies and softened cream cheese in a large bowl (your hands work best for this). Roll into small balls.
- Melt white chocolate discs in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Using a toothpick, dip the nutter butter balls into the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off. Set the truffles on waxed paper to cool.
- Microwave a little bit of white chocolate and peanut butter together (adjust amounts to taste - you don't need much). Use a spoon to drizzle the peanut butter chocolate on top of the truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Oh wow, I am SO making these for my Christmas cookie tray! They look amazing!
Nut butter were my absolute FAVORITE thing to eat growing up so I’m sure I would LOVE these (if I didn’t eat all of them before mixing the ingredients) 🙂
This sounds so yummy!
Oh man, this is hitting a weak spot in my heart. I LOVE nutter butters!
Pingback: What I’m Reading
Ohmygosh, these are like a peanut butter-y, more delicious version of Oreo Truffles. I didn’t even know that was possible! 😉
Thanks for sharing!
I think I gained 5 pounds just finding your website. Love it. Look forward to reading more!
Just made these! I have been making the Oreo balls for a few years and, I must say, as good as those are, I think the Nutter Butter ones are better! They were very simple and delicious. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks for the recipe, Megan!
Pingback: 20 DIY Candy Recipes | GIF Peanut Butter
Pingback: 30 + Gifts from the Kitchen – wordpress-164266-474937.cloudwaysapps.com