1. The same week I wrote a post about freezing buttermilk so it doesn’t go to waste I let a whole container go bad in my refrigerator.
2. Last week I told Mike that I was making bisquick biscuits for dinner instead of homemade and he cheered. Yes, cheered. I think a side-by-side taste test is in order so he doesn’t make that mistake again.
3. Whenever I haven’t planned very well for dinner I tell Mike: ”I don’t have any food for you tonight, figure out something to eat.” Inevitably I feel guilty and make him eggs. We have eaten a lot of eggs recently.
4. I have made a great new tilapia recipe three times now and have yet to take a picture for the blog. Pure laziness and terrible evening light are to blame.
5. Last weekend, while visiting Katie, my mom and I made lasagna and meatballs. And by “my mom and I”, I really mean that my mom did most of the work. My contributions included mixing the filling for lasagna and telling her that her meatballs would not all fit on one baking sheet.