I have a lot of kitchen tools. I like collecting them and I love them all. I’m terrible at de-cluttering, but it’s something I’m working on as I attempt to spring clean around my house. As I was trying to find more space in my kitchen to store the Le Creuset baking dish I just bought (and love!), I started thinking about my favorite kitchen tools and which ones I wouldn’t want to live without. And just in case you’re interested, I thought I would share the first five I thought of (in no particular order) with you.
1. Furi Knife - One of your most important kitchen tools is a really good knife. Before I was married, a wonderful lady at my church was teaching my friend and I how to cook and she gave us this knife at our first lesson. I gave it to my brother when I got married because I had registered for new knives. After a few months, I realized that none of my wedding gift knives measured up to my old favorite so I asked for it back. He refused (because he loved it as much as I did), but did eventually buy me a new one as a gift. I use it to cut almost everything in the kitchen. It’s honestly the best knife I’ve ever used. (Note: I am not a knife expert…I just like this one a lot).
2. All-Clad 4qt Saute Pan - I absolutely love this saute pan. I learned about the All-Clad stainless steel pans from a Williams Sonoma cooking class and this one has lived up to my every expectation. It browns meat beautifully, it heats evenly, you can take it from the stove to the oven, and it’s durable. The size is perfect for preparing family meals. This is my first All-Clad pan and I’m now in the process of slowly building my collection. Favorite meals made using this pan include: turkey burgers, orrechiette with mini chicken meatballs, and chicken fajitas (recipe coming soon!)
3. Silicone Measuring Cups - I asked for these measuring cups for Christmas (exciting, right?) because I was constantly spilling things when I used my glass measuring cups. These are now my go-to measuring cups. They’re practically spill-proof when pouring liquid out of them and I use them constantly. There is a slight drawback because the measurement lines can be hard to read. Despite that I still choose these over my glass measuring cups every time.
4. Rice Cooker - I know there are mixed reviews on rice cookers, but I love having one. The rice cooks perfectly every time, it leaves a burner free on the stove, and it takes no thought. This is definitely a cooking tool I would recommend!
5. Olive Oil Dispenser - This is kind of a funny little thing to show up on my list of kitchen tools I’m loving, but I just got one and I absolutely love it. It sits on my countertop within easy reach and it’s fun to use. It’s a nice convenience item that makes me feel a little bit more professional.
What are your favorite “can’t live without them” kitchen tools?