Nutter Butter Truffles
By now I’m guessing most people have tried the ever popular oreo truffles that appear around this time of year. (If not, you need to make some!). Well these nutter butter truffles are the same general idea, just made with nutter butters instead of oreos!
I saw this idea awhile ago on a random website (sorry, I can’t remember where!) and bought a package of nutter butters when they were on sale a few weeks later.
The little peanut butter cookies proceeded to sit, unopened, in my cabinet until I started planning the 12 Days of Christmas Treats. All of a sudden I remembered them and just knew that nutter butter truffles would show up as one of the treats.
I happily surprised when I finally got around to making these cute little truffles. They are smooth and creamy on the inside, and the white chocolate coating is a great accompaniment to the peanut butter filling. The cream cheese keeps these from being too sweet, and they are not quite as peanut buttery as traditional peanut butter balls.
Mike actually prefers these over peanut butter balls, but if I had to choose I still think I’d choose the traditional peanut butter balls over these new truffles. It would be a tough choice though! If you’re looking for something new and different (and cute), give these a try. They’re easy and delicious!
P.S. You can see all of my Christmas treat recipes from over the years at this Christmas Cookies tag. Enjoy! And, as always, let me know if you try any and how you liked them.
Nutter Butter Truffles
- 1 package nutter butters
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- white chocolate discs for melting
- peanut butter for drizzling
- white chocolate for drizzling
- Crush nutter butters in food processor. Combine crushed cookies and softened cream cheese in a large bowl (your hands work best for this). Roll into small balls.
- Melt white chocolate discs in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Using a toothpick, dip the nutter butter balls into the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off. Set the truffles on waxed paper to cool.
- Microwave a little bit of white chocolate and peanut butter together (adjust amounts to taste - you don't need much). Use a spoon to drizzle the peanut butter chocolate on top of the truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator.