I’ve got another great zucchini recipe for you today! This herb-stuffed zucchini is a keeper for sure. It’s full of flavor from the fresh herbs and summer produce. I made this while I was at my parents’ house last week and my mom and I both loved it! My dad refuses to eat zucchini, and we told him he was really missing out by not giving this recipe a try. (Believe it or not, he wouldn’t even eat the double chocolate zucchini bread from last week – crazy!) This herb-stuffed zucchini makes a great summer side dish. To keep things simple, you could prepare it in advance and just bake it at the last minute. I know I’ll be making this one again soon!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Split the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the sides. Season with salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, tomato, parsley, dill, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into the zucchini and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
from Food Network Magazine
I love stuffed zucchini and this sounds awesome! Yum!
Keep the zucchini recipes ‘acoming!
Ok, I didn’t grow a garden this year because it’s always so much work (especially since our day jobs are farming, why would we want to farm at our house?). But I’ve been missing the zucchini! Luckily, everyone has extras and I’ve been getting 1-2 per week from friends who are happy to get rid of the extras. I want to make this with my next haul! 🙂
Pingback: End of vacation looming near…Friday Favorites, 2013: Week 31 | Okay, Kaye?
I can already taste this, it looks so amazing! I love zucchini 🙂
OMG wooow looks delicious!!!!!