Blueberry Banana Muffins

Blueberry Banana Muffins

You will not believe how good these blueberry banana muffins are! I love banana bread and Mike loves blueberry muffins, so these were a huge hit in our house. This recipe truly is the best of both worlds. I have no idea why it took me so long to think of combining bananas and blueberries in muffin form, but I’m so glad I stumbled across this recipe. I had some freshly picked Michigan blueberries in the house, along with some overripe bananas and decided to search for a recipe to combine them. And let me tell you, we may never go back to straight blueberry muffins again, that’s how good these are! I hope you try these blueberry banana muffins and love them as much as we do. :)

Blueberry Banana Muffins

Blueberry Banana Muffins

Yield: Makes 12 muffins

3 large ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 375. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.

Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and egg and mix until well combined. Stir in the melted butter.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the wet ingredients. Gently stir in the blueberries. Transfer the batter the prepared muffin tin. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a center muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached.

from food.com

8 Responses to “Blueberry Banana Muffins”

Nutmeg Nanny — August 13, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

Oh my, these just look so perfect! I know my husband would love these too :)

julie — August 14, 2013 @ 8:46 am

i made these yesterday and they are absolutely delicious!! so moist and flavorful

Krista — August 23, 2013 @ 2:42 pm

My daughter and I just made these. They are the best blueberry muffins! We had to stop ourselves at just one. I did the sugar to 1/2 cup and might take it down to 1/3 cup next time, but I don’t have a big sweet tooth.
    Thank you!

Becky — August 25, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

Can I use frozen blueberries?

Mary — September 18, 2013 @ 8:41 pm

Made these tonight…they are SO good! :) I agree with you-I might never go back to regular blueberry muffins.

C. — October 2, 2013 @ 10:15 am

These have a very unique flavor! I enjoyed them. I used half wheat flour, just two bananas, and put my frozen blueberries in a bowl of hot water at the beginning. They were mostly thawed by the time I was ready to fold them in. I didn’t use the whole 1.5 cups, I might cut it to 1 cup next time. Thanks for sharing!

Shirley — November 22, 2013 @ 9:45 am

Just baked this earlier today. Taste great! Mum and I ate our pieces with satisfactory smiles! :D I cut down the sugar to half cup though. Thanks for the recipe, Megan!

Jess — March 11, 2014 @ 5:17 pm

These are so delicious! I have made them a bunch already! Does anyone know the caloric information on these?