Double Chocolate M&M Brownies

Double Chocolate M&M Brownies

I probably should have shared these double chocolate M&M Brownies with you last week so you could make them for your labor day festivities. Sorry about that – sometimes my lack of organizational skills gets the better of me. But… these would make fantastic after school treats for those of you with kids! Or really great anytime treats for pretty much anybody who loves chocolate. Basically what I’m saying is that you can’t go wrong with these brownies. They are incredibly soft and fudgy, and who doesn’t want a brownie filled with both chocolate chips and M&M’s?? They were a hit with everyone I shared them with, and dangerously easy to make. If you like brownies and M&M’s, you’ve got to try these.

P.S. I also made a white chocolate chip version that was pretty amazing as well!

Double Chocolate M&M Brownies

Double Chocolate M&M Brownies

Double Chocolate M&M Brownies

1 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup M&M's, divided
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (dark chocolate would be good too!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and 12 oz bag of chocolate chips in the microwave. In the same bowl, blend in the sugar and vanilla. Then add eggs, blending fully one at a time. Add flour and salt and beat until air bubbles form in the batter. Stir in 1/2 cup of M&M's and the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9 X 13-inch pan. Sprinkle remaining M&M's on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 325 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes or until brownies are done.

adapted from Easy Fudgy Brownies

15 Responses to “Double Chocolate M&M Brownies”

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — September 3, 2013 @ 10:50 am

MMMMMMmmmmmm…..I love brownies, they are my ultimate weakness! These look so fudgy and I love the addition of M&M”s!

Sonya — September 3, 2013 @ 12:17 pm

I don’t have M&M’s right now, but I do have Andes candies baking pieces :) Gotta try these — they look SO good!

Kathy — September 3, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

Oh I love brownies! I love the addition of the M&M’s!

Ash-foodfashionparty — September 3, 2013 @ 10:38 pm

Oh, goodness God, this looks so delicious. This is definitely something I would take to school or potluck..thanks.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — September 4, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Mmm love these!!

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner — September 4, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

Brownies are my classic go-to dessert! Love adding fun colored M&Ms. :) These look so chewy…my favorite!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — September 5, 2013 @ 4:37 pm

Love how fudgy these look!

Tracy — September 15, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

I keep trying to pin these and when I go to Pinterest it says its not available.

Tracy — September 15, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

I think I got it this time. It wasn’t working through Facebook

Baking Weekend | sass and sensitivity. — November 24, 2013 @ 9:26 pm

[...] candy cookies. Except I was out of brown sugar. A Google search ensued, and I found this tasty gem: Double Chocolate Chip M&M Brownies¬†by What Megan’s Making. I chose this recipe, of course, because the author’s name is [...]

Danielle S. — November 29, 2013 @ 10:28 pm

Oh I think I’ll be making these at Christmas with red and green M&M’s. Perfect.

sierra — March 6, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

These look beyond amazing! I’m drooling over the screen right now lol! Would it be possible to half the recipe? I don’t trust myself with a whole pan of brownies lying around the house! If I did half the recipe, what kind of pans could I use? Would a corning-ware pan work? Thanks so much!

Nicole — March 21, 2014 @ 7:28 pm

I helped a girl (she’s just learning to cook and loves it) in my building make this recipe. It was easy to make and tasted great! The only issue was that it did not cook (was still gooey in the center and throughout) in the recommended amount of time. Maybe this is because the pan size may have be slightly bigger or smaller than the one suggested.

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 9/14 — June 9, 2014 @ 9:00 am

[...] also be doing some baking for an event this week and I decided I’m going to try out these Double Chocolate M&M Brownies.¬† I figured the kids would love them for [...]

Sabrina — June 16, 2014 @ 5:40 pm

I had the same problem as another commenter. The middle stayed gooey even after an additional 20 minutes added onto the recommended time.