Easy Fudgy Brownies

I’m very particular about brownies. I don’t like chocolate cake at all, so if a brownie even remotely resembles the texture of cake, I won’t eat it. I want dense, chewy, fudgy brownies. And this recipe provided exactly what I was looking for. I’ve made homemade brownies before, but this time I was looking for a recipe with a little more texture, something that would be perfect to serve with ice cream to a group of friends that came over for dinner. I made these a day in advance, and when I served them the following evening, they were still soft and delicious. I’ll definitely be making these again. I’m not saying I won’t experiment with new recipes (can anyone really have too many brownie recipes?), but for now, this is my favorite. Mike loved them as well, and I had to freeze the leftovers to keep us from finishing them off in a very short span of time. (p.s. they’re great frozen too!)

Easy Fudgy Brownies

1 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. In the same bowl, blend in the sugar and vanilla. Then add eggs, blending fully one at a time. Add flour and salt and beat until air bubbles form in the batter. Pour into a greased 9 X 13-inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 325 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes or until brownies are done.

From recipezaar, as seen on My Kitchen Cafe

25 Responses to “Easy Fudgy Brownies”

grace — January 24, 2010 @ 11:06 pm

wow–there are only a few ingredients, but they're all high quality. hellllllo, butter. :) these look perfect, megan.

Jessica @ How Sweet — January 24, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

I made brownies today too!! WE are always on the same page. :)

Simply Life — January 25, 2010 @ 12:30 am

WOW this looks like my kind of brownie recipe and my kind of dessert! :)

Lisa — January 25, 2010 @ 1:37 am

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your brownies look wonderful!

Kel — January 25, 2010 @ 1:47 am

A one bowl wonder! Fantastic!

Pam — January 25, 2010 @ 5:10 am

Yum – these brownies look and sound fantastic. I love that you can freeze them too.

Barbara — January 25, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

You're absolutely right, Megan. Nobody can have too many brownie recipes!
    I love mine fudgey and dense too. Never have made mine with chips. Will try this next time.

Erica — January 25, 2010 @ 1:55 pm

Sounds so good! I am so with you- I do not really like cake, so these brownies sound perfect for me. Hope you have a nice Monday

Michelle — January 25, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

I'm very particular about my brownies, too — and I always have to have the center cut brownie. The brownies' texture in your photo looks perfect.

Jenni — January 25, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

I think we have the same tastes, brownie-wise. I don't want no stinkin' cakey brownie! Yours look wonderful. :)

The Blonde Duck — January 25, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

I've always had bad luck with fudgey brownie mixes (too raw) so this looks like a great recipe! My husband LOVES brownies and his b-day is a month away…perfect!

Anne Marie — January 25, 2010 @ 6:46 pm

I love brownies, and these look great!

Juliana — January 25, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

Oh! These brownies look so yummie…my husband would love them :-)

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support — January 26, 2010 @ 1:23 am

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile. Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — January 26, 2010 @ 4:07 am

I love fudgy brownies… I will have to give these a try. I can't resist new brownie recipes!

Megan — January 26, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

These look SUPER yummy! I have been craving brownies lately!

Hannah — January 26, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

I agree- Cakey brownies are just wrong. If that's what I wanted, I would have made a cake in the first place! These look perfect, nice and fudgy all right. :)

Apples and Butter — January 26, 2010 @ 8:40 pm

In my book, it's not a good brownie unless it's fudgy. These look deliciously thick!

Michelle — January 28, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

I came back to tell you that I've nominated you for the beautiful blogger award. Come see. :)

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — January 28, 2010 @ 4:10 pm

just found your blog!! love it :)

shellrd — February 4, 2010 @ 4:07 pm

LOVE your Blog!! Just found it yesterday and I am hooked! I will be making these brownies this weekend as a big storm will be keeping us inside :)

Thank you!

megan — February 4, 2010 @ 9:54 pm

shellrd – Thanks for your kind comment :) I hope you like these as much as we did!

Anonymous — August 20, 2011 @ 4:16 am

I know this is much later (2011), but these are my favorite brownies yet!!! Now I did use 2 eggs instead of four and they weren't large, and baked them on a cookie sheet (I didn't have four eggs, and didn't have a glass bake dish), but at any rate, they turned out great. Like you., I HATE mushy cakey brownies. These are totally chewy and yummy!!!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — August 21, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

Anonymous – I'm so glad you like these, thanks for the comment! I just made them a few weeks ago and was reminded just how good they are. Perfectly chewy :)

nama chocolate,royce nama chocolate,Socola tươi Nhật Bản,Socola tươi,Socola tuoi,socola nama chocolate,socola nama,chocolate tươi,chocolate nama,nama socola,socola tuoi nhat ban — May 10, 2013 @ 12:29 am

I’m extremely impressed with your writing talents and also with the structure to your weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a great blog like this one nowadays..