S’mores Dip

S'mores Dip

How can you go wrong with a name like “s’mores dip”?? This dip is so good and exactly what you would expect from something made out of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. To be honest, I’m not really a s’mores fan for the most part. When we go camping, I will roast marshmallow after marshmallow, and I may even eat some chocolate and/or graham crackers. But for some reason the actual s’mores just never really appealed to me. That being said, I can’t get enough of this dip!

The dip itself tastes just like the inside of a s’more, and when you dip graham crackers into it, it will make you feel like you’re sitting outside around the campfire. I have no idea why I like this dip more than traditional s’mores, since I’m pretty sure they taste about the same, but I do. And I’m pretty sure you’ll like it just as much as I do. Best of all, it only takes about 5 minutes to make. This dip does taste best warm, so you might have to reheat it in the microwave, or maybe try serving it in one of those mini crockpots that’s perfect for warm dips like this one. Enjoy! :)

S'mores Dip

S'mores Dip

1 14oz can sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup marshmallow cream
Graham Crackers, for serving

In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and condensed milk on High 1 - 2 minutes, stirring about every 30 seconds, until chips are melted. Mix well. Pour into 9-inch glass pie pan, spreading evenly. Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoonfuls randomly over chocolate mixture. Microwave on High about 30 seconds or until marshmallow creme is softened. Immediately make several swirls through marshmallow and chocolate, creating a marbled appearance. Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping.

101 Responses to “S’mores Dip”

Kelsey — June 29, 2012 @ 9:43 am

I love s’mores and this is a great way to enjoy them without a campfire. Thanks for sharing!

sally @ sally's baking addiction — June 29, 2012 @ 9:49 am

Megan. OMG. When I saw this first picture in my google reader I literally said out loud “holy crap”……… this dip looks SO good I can’t even stand it!!! AND i have all of the ingredients. Ahh! I can’t wait to make this Megan. Happy Friday. :)

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — June 29, 2012 @ 10:23 am

ooooh perfect! and it’s so quick to make. :)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — June 29, 2012 @ 10:39 am

I love this!! This is such a great idea and I have all of the ingredients! :)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 29, 2012 @ 11:31 am

How fun it this!! Seems a lot less messy that eating an actual s’more too :) And so few ingredients, great recipe!

Autumn@Good Eats Girl — June 29, 2012 @ 11:34 am

Wow…I need to go buy the ingredients for this! Amazing! There is nothing better than s’mores and this is perfect!

Emily @Sweet Bella Roos — June 29, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

Ok this looks SOOOO good right now. Pinning so I can remember to make this weekend!!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 29, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

Goodness! I’ll have to make this and put it on everything! I wonder how it would be with carrot sticks… Probably freakishly freakishly amazing!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — June 30, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person on the planet who’s unenthusiastic about s’mores. They are delicious, but SO unwieldy! It’s all crumbs and overflowing chocolate and sticky fingers. This? Is brilliant.

silverilex — July 1, 2012 @ 6:55 am

My son was drooling when he saw the pic. I made it and it is yummy. A bit too sweet for me, but maybe I’ll use dark chocolate next time. A tablespoon of this is great in coffee. Double Yum!

• megan replied: — July 2nd, 2012 @ 9:27 am

So glad you liked this! I agree, it is sweet – a little goes a long way :)

Paulas Plate — July 2, 2012 @ 10:47 am

I LOVE this idea! I can’t make s’mores the traditional way, as I live in the city in an apartment; this is a PERFECT way to get my s’mores fix. I think i might serve it as one of my desserts for the fourth! Thanks Megan!

Hindy — July 2, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!

Jessica @ How Sweet — July 2, 2012 @ 8:56 pm

i have no words. WOW!

Kimberly Atherton — July 2, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

Om nom nommmmmmm!

Bonnie — July 3, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

Call me crazy, but – if you put a drop or two of liquid smoke into this, would it give you that charred aspect? I think I must try it!!!
    Thanks, Megan – just discovered your site from foodgawker and I love it!

Erynn — July 4, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

OH MY GOSH!!! We just made these and they are amazing!!!! Don’t make them unless you are ready for death by s’mores! I spread my dip on 1/4 of a graham cracker and then topped that with another 1/4! Exactly like a s’more–just less messy AND you don’t have to go outside to get it!!! Thanks for the post and idea!

• megan replied: — July 8th, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

Thanks so much for your comment – I’m glad you liked the dip! :)

Clare — July 6, 2012 @ 8:29 am

Marshmallow cream has corn syrup in it which is terrible for you. Think twice before making this for your child who deserves better nutrition.

• megan replied: — July 8th, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I agree, this is not the most nutritious snack available, but it’s fun to eat on occasion :)

Lisa — July 6, 2012 @ 10:11 am

I don’t think anyone was claiming this as nutritional…but boy does it sure look sinful. I did have one question – are the chocolate chips semisweet or just regular old chocolate chips? (I’m hoping for the latter, as I’m not a huge fan of semisweet)

• megan replied: — July 8th, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

You know what’s funny – I think of semisweet as regular old chocolate chips! I did use semisweet here, but you could use whatever you wanted. Somebody who commented above recommended dark chocolate to cut the sweetness a little bit.

Friday Favorites + The Big 2-9 | Iowa Girl Eats — July 6, 2012 @ 11:57 am

[...] bite: S’Mores Dip. No campfire required. Love [...]

Emily @ Life on Food — July 6, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

Oh yummy delicious. I love all things s’mores. This is great for a party with no fire pit. Love it!

Luv what you do — July 6, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

I love everything s’mores and never thought to make a s’mores dip. Excellent idea!!!

Tammi — July 9, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try! I think it would be great with some cut up fruit as well! Thanks!!

3 S’more Remix Recipes | Make A Birthday Wish — July 12, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

[...] S’mores Dip – Dip your graham crackers into this tasty dip (made from only 3 ingredients) shared by Megan on her blog What Megan’s Cooking. [...]

Terri — July 13, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

I made this and it was sooo good! I kept eating it and eating it!

• megan replied: — July 13th, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who had that problem! :)

Kate — July 14, 2012 @ 5:01 am

Equally easy & delicious.. couldn’t ask for more in a recipe :) !

S’mores Dip « Kitchen Happiness — July 14, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

[...] s’mores more than anything (well, maybe not anything, but I do loooooove it). Courtesy of What Megan’s Making here is her recipe for s’mores dip. Make sure you check out her site as well as the recipe [...]

Emily — July 14, 2012 @ 10:52 pm

These look delicious!! Do you think melted marshmallows could work in replace of the marshmallow fluff??

• megan replied: — July 15th, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

I would think so, but I’m not positive. If you try it, let me know how it works! :)

Kaitlin — July 15, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

Love this! Can you put in fridge and reheat?

• megan replied: — July 15th, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

I did, and it worked fine. Not quite the same consistency, but still good :)

Lisa — July 16, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

I used peanut butter chips & Chocolate made it even better !!

• megan replied: — July 19th, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

oooh, good idea!!

Brittani — July 19, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

How much does this make?

• megan replied: — July 22nd, 2012 @ 9:33 pm

Unfortunately I’m not sure. I didn’t pay much attention, I just started eating it so I’m not sure how many it would serve. :) Quite a few though, as it’s so rich.

Sam — July 19, 2012 @ 7:21 pm

Hmm…love the recipe! I suppose layering marshmallow creme on the bottom and then browning just that layer using a brulee torch would give you that yummy toasted taste…nom, nom nom….

shirley settler — July 20, 2012 @ 8:57 pm

Fondue pot!!!!!!!

A McRae — July 23, 2012 @ 8:17 pm

Thank you so much for this recipe. You made my whole book club a success. Instead of microwaving, I just put it in a crock pot on warm.

• megan replied: — July 24th, 2012 @ 6:33 am

I’m so glad you liked this! Good to know the crockpot works out well – I’m going to do that next time :)

VirtualWineBar.com — July 25, 2012 @ 9:33 pm

Megan,
    This recipe totally rocks! It will be featured tomorrow on VirtualWineBar.com as the “Daily Nosh” paired with Ficklin Old Vine Tinta Port. A decadent and delicious combination! I’ll be promoting it all day ~ Cheers!

S’mores Dip | mikaseven — July 30, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

[...] thanks to What Megan’s Making, I can still have s’mores when I can’t go camping.  Man, this S’mores Dip looks [...]

Smores Dip: bananas with chocolate, peanut butter, and fluff - infinite — July 31, 2012 @ 9:51 pm

[...] how I mentioned this on Saturday? How I fulfilled my Friday chocolate quota with this awesome recipe? Well, we can officially count it as a success… even my own messed up version. [...]

Jenn — August 6, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

Yarg! I don’t have sweetened condensed milk. And my mouth is watering. What do I do?? Off to Kroger.

Jenn — August 17, 2012 @ 11:07 am

I can do you one better!! Try it on date night!! With strawberries… And I don’t even have a man!!

Christen — August 18, 2012 @ 11:32 pm

Loved this dip! A little does go a loooooong way, but it’s still tasty! I had it with a tall glass of cold milk. Thanks for the recipe!

• megan replied: — August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:10 am

So glad you liked it! :)

Wendy — August 24, 2012 @ 6:32 pm

I am thinking about pouring it over popcorn and letting it sit a little bit ohhhhh that sounds so amazing!!!!

• megan replied: — August 25th, 2012 @ 7:37 am

That sounds AMAZING

Belinda — August 30, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

Clare – Just got this off the Mayo Clinic website:
    Research studies have yielded mixed results about the possible adverse effects of consuming high-fructose corn syrup. Although high-fructose corn syrup is chemically similar to table sugar (sucrose), concerns have been raised because of how high-fructose corn syrup is processed. Some believe that your body reacts differently to high-fructose corn syrup than it does to other types of sugar. But research about high-fructose corn syrup is evolving.

Some research studies have linked consumption of large amounts of any type of added sugar — not just high-fructose corn syrup — to such health problems as weight gain, dental cavities, poor nutrition, and increased triglyceride levels, which can boost your heart attack risk. But there is insufficient evidence to say that high-fructose corn syrup is less healthy than are other types of added sweeteners.

Fipsy — September 18, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

Love it! It looks so good!

Kate — September 19, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

Very unique! i’d also have bananas and strawberries to dip. Great option to bring to a party

April — September 25, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

Mmmm this looks delish! We have a potluck at work coming up and I’m thinking of making it, how long can this sit out without losing it’s gooey consistency? Perhaps I could put it in a dip warmer?

• megan replied: — September 26th, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

It can’t sit out very long before it loses its consistency. I’d definitely recommend a dip warmer. I hope you like it! :)

debra — October 5, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

Can leftovers be reheated?

Melissa — October 13, 2012 @ 12:10 am

I made this tonight – it was delicious! It did make quite a bit. What’s the best way to keep the leftovers? In the fridge or out on counter? Thanks!

10 Easy No-Bake Recipes. — October 17, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

[...] 3 Ingredient S’mores Dip from Megan @ What Megan’s Making [...]

Anita — October 20, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

This was delicious! I used 70% dark chocolate to cut the sweetness and used a dip warmer to keep it warm through movie night. There’s wasn’t any left..my friends scrapped the bowl clean!

A day in the life of Megan from What Megan’s Making — October 30, 2012 @ 8:01 am

[...] either s’mores dip or cookie dough dip – apparently the sweet dips are crowd [...]

Melissa Rampy — November 9, 2012 @ 2:41 am

I have a very small crock-pot made for things like this. Should I make it directly in the crock-pot or make it according to the directions here and then put it in the crock-pot?

• megan replied: — November 9th, 2012 @ 6:55 am

I would still make it in the microwave, then transfer it to the crockpot. It would probably be fine in the crockpot but would just take longer to melt everything together.

S’more Please! « Express Yourself — November 19, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

[...] is a perfect recipe for college students because it’s cheap and fast. Check out this recipe and more. Happy Holidays! Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. Filed under [...]

The 12 dips of Christmas – 2012 : Murphy Sam & Jodi — November 26, 2012 @ 4:01 am

[...] This recipe is from whatmegansmaking.com [...]

Deborah — December 21, 2012 @ 9:50 pm

holy moly I think I love you! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

Jayna — December 26, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

This looks awesome!! I would venture to say, before trying it, that it probably has a different appeal because the chocolate is melted and the flavors “blend” together. Plus, with sweetened condensed milk–there is a whole-nuther layer of flavor and richness that a marshmallow just doesn’t have. We are snowbound at this very moment, but I will be trying this soon as the roads open!!!

New Year’s Eve Eats – Dessert Dips! — December 29, 2012 @ 11:34 am

[...] S’mores Dip [...]

New Year's Eve Eats – Dessert Dips! | Ernest Wong — December 29, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

[...] S’mores Dip [...]

Lisa — January 8, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

This was so yummy! My family loved It, and I already had all the ingredients. A family of 4, each with 2 full graham crackers and a heaping tablespoon of the dip, and we still have a little more than half of the 9″inch pie plate full for leftovers (for those asking how many it serves). It was very rich and a little really does go a long way. This took about 4 minutes to make from start to finish, how can you go wrong with that? Mmmmm mmmm good! Thanks Megan for the recipe…I found it on Pinterest!

Wendy — January 26, 2013 @ 9:58 pm

Just made, delicious! I didn’t have chips but had a candy bar and it worked! Used a small crock pot, used marshmallows instead- it looked so yummy that we didn’t even wait until the marshmallows melted – we just started dipping and eating! Yummy!!!!

• megan replied: — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

Glad you liked it! Great idea to use regular marshmallows – I bet it looked prettier that way :)

Donna — February 3, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

the last time we had s’mores outside, I used fudge stripe cookies…Im not a fan of Hersey chocolate and this made s’mores much better and less messy…The chocolate melted better too…

• megan replied: — February 4th, 2013 @ 7:06 am

ooh, such a good idea! :)

40 Valentine’s Day Treats Top Pinterest Recipes | The Daily Dish Recipes — February 6, 2013 @ 7:12 am

[...] whatmegansmaking.com via Nicole Cook {Daily Dish Recipes} on [...]

Jessica — February 18, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

Megan, I’m beginning to LOVE all your ideas.. they’re unique and inventive. This one I made for my son for a treat on Valentine’s Day. I served them with vanilla wafers, cinnamon graham crackers, pound cake bites and pretzels… it was SO yummy! I added a little cinnamon powder with the chocolate/condensed milk mixture because I’ve always been partial to cinnamon and chocolate together. It made a LOT so I did have to put half away for a later date, but I figure it I melt a little more chocolate into it, it might work ok as far as consistency. And might also add a little nutella or peanut butter chips like another post suggested. Thanks again! :)

40 Pinterest Recipes: 40 Favorite Dip Recipes — Daily Dish Recipes — February 20, 2013 @ 8:02 am

[...] whatmegansmaking.com via Nicole Cook {Daily Dish Recipes} on [...]

Kelly — March 6, 2013 @ 12:07 am

I made this for my boys when it was too cold to go outside & make real s’mores! HUGE HIT!!! My son had friends over & everyone wanted more : ) Thank you for the great recipe : )

Sheena — May 3, 2013 @ 7:00 pm

Does it have to be sweetened condensed milk???

20 S’Mores Recipes — May 21, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

[...] Yum S’Mores Snack Mix – Cookies and Cups Gooey S’Mores Cookies- Kevin and Amanda S’Mores Dip – What Megan’s Making S’Mores Ice Cream – Brown Eyed Baker S’Mores Pudding Shots – My Baking [...]

S'mores Dip – all the goodness of s'mores without the mess. | Dreamy Blog — May 22, 2013 @ 8:42 am

[...] Wow! This dessert looks magnificent, definitely sumptuous! I guess this is the kind of dessert that’s so perfect for my husband’s taste! This dessert is not just all about sweetness! This dessert is rich with flavors! I’d be more willing doing this kind of yummy dessert everyday!For the recipe and full instructions go here [...]

Lynette — May 27, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

Delish!! I used Hershey kisses and Toasted Marshmallow Creme, and it was a huge hit with my kids and husband. Thanks!

S'mores Dip | The Recipe Critic — June 7, 2013 @ 9:49 pm

[...] a marbled look. 3.  Serve immediately with graham crackers and enjoy! Recipe Adapted from What Megans Making Stay up to date with The Recipe [...]

Mary — June 14, 2013 @ 8:29 pm

I bet you can use Nutello!!! Can’t wait to make these. Any sub for the milk?

Cecily — June 24, 2013 @ 10:27 pm

Just made this! It’s CRACK! I can’t get enough.

spayne — June 29, 2013 @ 11:52 am

WOW! I found this through Pinterest and my daughter and I just made this. It was amazing! Thank you for such a quick snack.

Food – S’mores | Everything Cool — July 3, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

[...] Recipe here. [...]

Xazmin — July 25, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

How does this re-heat? Say if I were making it to take to a family reunion?

• megan replied: — July 29th, 2013 @ 10:16 am

It re-heats pretty well. I would actually just keep it in a little dip warmer or something, then it would stay warm and gooey. :)

Christine — August 11, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

My dip turned out terrible! I’m not sure what happened. It was all water-y. Any suggestions of what I might have done wrong? Thanks!

• megan replied: — August 14th, 2013 @ 6:03 am

Unfortunately, I’m not sure. There is nothing in it that should turn it watery. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the chocolate got too hot and seized? Sorry I’m not more help!

Michelle — September 11, 2013 @ 10:57 am

Does this harden up? I was going to bring to a football tailgate?? Or does it stay creamy with the condensed milk??

Erin — November 15, 2013 @ 11:49 am

Really people…. you are going to comment on how bad corn syrup is for you. Your ridiculous. If you don’t eat it then why are you looking at recipe, go eat some carrots or something and let us enjoy our junk food! That’s all……

S’mores Dip | Recipes From The Snipton’s Home — November 24, 2013 @ 4:15 pm

[...] http://www.whatmegansmaking.com/2012/06/smores-dip.html [...]

S’mores Dip | collector of recipes — January 8, 2014 @ 3:03 pm

[...] Click here for recipe. [...]

Week 2 Recipe Reviews + The Jillian Michael's 7 Day Detox - Simply Bubbly — January 22, 2014 @ 3:30 pm

[...] – S’mores Dip – I went to a potluck on Saturday, and since I would be coming straight from a baby shower, I [...]

S'mores Dip | Collector Of Recipes — January 23, 2014 @ 8:07 am

[...] Recipe and photo by What Megan’s Making. [...]

Heather — February 9, 2014 @ 10:01 pm

This was amazing! We dipped strawberries in ours-to die for! Will try with pineapple next time!

15 Sexy Chocolate Dips For Valentine’s Day — February 14, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

[...] Recipe & Photo credit to whatmegansmaking.com [...]

Beach Picnic Menu — May 16, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

[...]  Personally, nothing in there doesn’t seem to need to be hot for me to eat.   What Megan’s Making has a tasty S’mores Dip!  With no open flame, how can we make S’mores!?  Well this S’Mores dip solved the [...]