Confessions

1. When a recipe calls for “fresh lemon juice”, approximately 50% of the time I use the bottled stuff in the little lemon bottle that will live in my refrigerator forever. I can’t be the only one, right?

2. Last Tuesday I had a well thought out meal planned for dinner that included a healthy side dish of roasted cauliflower. I posted about it on Facebook. Then, when I got home, I proceeded to lose all motivation and we ended up eating cheesy toast with leftover pizza sauce. Thank you to all of the wonderful people on Facebook who made me feel better about my laziness.

3. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I spent all my Amazon gift cards on a puppy carrier for Scamp. Yes, that is what you think it is – a little purse/bag type thing that will allow me to carry Scamp around everywhere I go. (This is the exact one). I’m pretty sure I can feel Mike rolling his eyes from across the room right now.

4. In further Scamp news, one day a few weeks ago my dear husband denied owning Scamp. When we have to get gas and Scamp is in the car, Mike always picks Scamp up and carries him around while he pumps the gas (see? I’m not the only crazy one). Another guy happened to see him and commented something along the lines of “nice dog.” To which Mike then replied “he’s not mine.” Which, of course, makes absolutely no sense at all.

5.  This fifth confession is actually a serious one. I’ve kept it off the blog for awhile, but I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of adopting! It is pretty exciting, but it has been a (very) long wait so far. If you’re interested, you can read our online profile here. And please, feel free to pass our information along to anyone who may be interested!

*Amazon Links are Afilliates

60 Responses to “Confessions”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 12, 2013 @ 6:07 am

Oh wow, good luck with the adoption process, I know that can be a long road. So exciting, though!!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:15 pm

Thank you! Definitely a long road, but we are excited :)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — January 12, 2013 @ 7:10 am

I use bottled lemon juice sometimes too – it’s no problem! Also, all the best in adopting. I hear it can be quite a crazy process sometimes!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

Thank you!!

Katrina. @In Katrina's Kitchen — January 12, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Wow! Congratulations Megan :) I have a very dear friend who is my adoption guru- I’ll have to connect you two. So excited for you!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

Yes, would love to connect with your friend – thanks!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — January 12, 2013 @ 8:40 am

Despite the lemon juice confession ;-) I’m so EXCITED for your adoption journey!! Can’t wait to follow your journey to motherhood. Congratulations!!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:17 pm

Thank you, and yes, I knew you’d be on top of that lemon juice confession :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — January 12, 2013 @ 9:28 am

I love this, Megan! Congratulations!!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

Thanks!! :)

Rachel Cooks — January 12, 2013 @ 10:22 am

I know Liz wouldn’t let the lemon juice confession slide, lol. (I’m totally with you though, but I’m trying to be better…) Can’t wait to hear more about the adoption process. Will be praying that God sends your child your way soon, I know the waiting must be so hard.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:32 pm

You are so sweet Rachel, thank you!

Charlotte Moore — January 12, 2013 @ 10:26 am

GOD BLESS in your process of adoption.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:32 pm

Thank you, we appreciate it!

Flavia — January 12, 2013 @ 11:03 am

What a fun post, Megan! Congratulations on beginning the adoption process. I will keep you in my prayers. How exciting!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

Thanks – we really appreciate it!

Karen Koval — January 12, 2013 @ 11:20 am

I too admit to using bottled lemon juice. lol Your adoption news is so exciting. You will be in my prayers and I know in my heart that the child that joins your family will be as special as you and Mike are.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:30 pm

Thank you so much for your sweet comment :)

Esther — January 12, 2013 @ 11:23 am

Thank yo for sharing this information with us, and know that you are being prayed for as you wait. Whom ever God chooses for you, everyone will be blessed. I am glad to know that I am not the only lemon juice cheater out there, and I have spent way too much money on wonderful things for my dogs. I enjoy your blog and make many of your recipes.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

Thank you so much – we truly appreciate your prayers :) And I’m so glad other people out there spoil their dogs ;)

Lynn — January 12, 2013 @ 11:32 am

Loved this post!!! And, yes, I totally use the lemon juice from the fridge. And yay for adoption news! How exciting!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

Thanks! Glad you can relate :)

Tracy Wood — January 12, 2013 @ 11:41 am

Blessings to you as you go through the adoption process! How exciting!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

Thanks! :)

Jodi Pavlik — January 12, 2013 @ 11:59 am

Thinking of you and praying for you both as you go through the adoption process!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:24 pm

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — January 12, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

Congratulations with the adoption! We have friends who just adopted 2 little girls – good luck with everything, I hope you hear something soon!!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

Thank you!! :)

Mari — January 12, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

Hi Megan – I’m a long time follower but not so faithful commenter. I loved the confessions, and am excited for you about the adoption. I live in Allendale and have 2 sisters who also adopted through Bethany, 3 nieces in all! Adoption is a blessing and I’m excited for you and Mike!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

Oh how fun that you have family who also adopted through Bethany! Thanks so much for your comment :)

Kim of Mo'Betta — January 12, 2013 @ 8:53 pm

I rarely comment, but follow your blog via email. I loved the confessions and good luck with the adoption process! That is so awesome! (And it’s perfectly acceptable to spend large sums of money on doggy accessories ;-) )

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:22 pm

Thanks! And I’m glad there are other people who spoil their dogs :)

Meghan — January 12, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

I don’t know you personally but a) I always use bottled lemon juice in recipes, unless it’s on top of something or requires more of the lemon (like the rind or half the fruit inside a chicken, for instance), and b) If I needed to give up a child, I would definitely choose you and Mike. Your story is awesome, and your faith is inspiring. Best wishes for your adoption process; I feel like there are so many couples in your position.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:22 pm

Thanks so much for your best wishes :)

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen — January 12, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

Well — how exciting, Megan! Of course I’m referring to #5. Not realizing that #1 is true for someone other than myself :)

Praying for you and the kiddo(s) God has for you.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

Thanks so much :)

Elizabeth — January 13, 2013 @ 12:07 am

What a beautiful and well written letter! May God bless you in this journey through all of it’s up and downs and may you come home with a beautiful baby!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

Thank you, you are so sweet!

Pam — January 13, 2013 @ 12:17 am

Your profile is fantastic Megan!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it! :)

jkincolorado — January 13, 2013 @ 1:25 am

Best wishes in your adoption journey!!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

Thanks so much for your kind comment :)

Shea Goldstein — January 13, 2013 @ 10:27 am

Congratulations on adopting!! And Scamp is just precious!

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

Thank you so much!! :)

Kathy - Panini Happy — January 13, 2013 @ 11:05 am

Wishing you two all the best with your adoption process – I know you’ll be wonderful parents!! We have amazing friends who have gone through the process twice now and have the sweetest little family – I know they’d be happy to chat with you sometime if you ever needed any advice.

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

Thank you so much – it’s so encouraging to hear about people who have also adopted!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — January 13, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

scamp is too cute for words! And congrats on beginning the adoption process sweet Megan! I am so happy for you both. :)

• megan replied: — January 13th, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

Thank you so much! :)

sarah k @ the pajama chef — January 14, 2013 @ 10:28 am

megan, i don’t know you personally aside from following your blog but i’ll be praying for you in this process. i’m sure you two will be awesome parents. adoption is such a special thing and though it can be difficult, i am certain that God has everything perfectly planned out!

p.s. i almost always use bottled lemon/lime juice. unless the recipe calls for zest, haha. :)

• megan replied: — January 14th, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind words. And I know you are so right about God having it planned out – definitely a reminder I need to hear often. :)

Jennifer — January 14, 2013 @ 4:46 pm

Congrats and best of luck with the adoption process! :)

Tracey — January 15, 2013 @ 9:39 am

I am totally cracking up at your husband denying that Scamp was his, that’s hilarious! Best of luck with the adoption process :)

danielle — January 15, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

we have dear friends just entering the process with bethany, and based on the journey we’ve been walking with them for the past two years, this is such a grief-joy roller coaster. praying you have people in your life loving you through your roller coaster as the Lord brings your family together through bethany’s awesome resources.

danielle — January 15, 2013 @ 7:54 pm

p.s. my friend and her twin blog here (http://www.ataleoftwins.com/) with some yummy recipes and pretty pictures. but they’re also telling their adoption story (they were adopted as infants), and they grew up in michigan. thought all those factors (food, adoption, michigan) all in one place might be a fun read for you to follow.

Lisa — January 15, 2013 @ 10:03 pm

Congratulations on the adoption news! So exciting! I have to say, I noticed some of the baby-themed pins as of late, and wondered if I had missed something :) Praying for a speedy and easy process!

Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake — January 16, 2013 @ 11:16 am

Congratulations on adopting! That is so exciting! And your dog is super cute!

• megan replied: — January 17th, 2013 @ 9:14 am

Thanks you!

Nicole (MyLoveForCooking) — January 23, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

Hi! I just came across your site and am glad I did. Best of luck on your upcoming adoption! I wish you all so much happiness. :) Nicole

Joanna — January 26, 2013 @ 11:28 pm

Hi Megan! I’ve been a follower of your blog for awhile now, but don’t post many comments…however, this one I felt compelled to – congrats on initiating [and perservering through] the adoption process!!! I’ll be sending a prayer up for you and your husband, that in God’s timing and awesome goodness you will soon have a lil’ one of your own!! :)

• megan replied: — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

Thank you so much! We really appreciate your prayers :)