Baked Apple Chips
These baked apple chips make a perfect healthy snack. They’re incredibly simple to make and they taste great. All you do is slice an apple really thin, and then bake the slices at a really low temperature until they turn nice and crispy. The actual baking part takes awhile, but the prep work only takes about 5 minutes. You can season them however you want, but I like them with a really light coating of cinnamon and sugar. Mike loves these and would eat them every day if I’d make them. The best part is that they are so healthy you don’t have to feel guilty for eating them. 🙂 Try them and let me know what you think!
Baked Apple Chips
- 1 apple (golden delicious or granny smith work best)
- cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 225.
- Core the apple and thinly slice with a mandolin.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the apple in a single layer. If necessary, use two baking sheets rather than overlap the apples.
- Sprinkle the apple slices lightly with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 2 hours, flipping the apples after 1 hour. Turn off the oven and let the apples cool completely before removing from the oven.
from Fifteen Spatulas
Making them now! I love apple chips. Thanks for sharing.
mm, i love apple chips! can’t wait to try these 🙂
Okay that settles it. I need to get a mandolin slicer!
I love snacking on apple chips! It’s time I make them again!
I made them – OMG!! They are great! Better than store bought! So easy. Will be making these in a regular basis.
Megan! No lie, I made apple chips today. 🙂 We must have both been craving them!
Pingback: Friday Favorites, 2013: Week 19 | Okay, Kaye?
Oh my, these look wonderful 🙂 I must make these soon!
I feel the need to inform you that some of your readers are from England and work in Celsius. Maybe you should specify you mean Fahrenheit because I thought that 225 Celsius was a bit hot, but I thought I’d trust what you say.
Ah well, apple chips take 2!
Thanks, I never even thought of that! Sorry about the burnt apple chips – hope take 2 tasted better 🙂
Do you happen to know the amount of Protein and Carbs?
Mine stuck to my parchment paper when i tried to flip them!!! What did i do wrong?!
How long will they last?
We’ve always eaten ours within a few hours, so unfortunately I’m not entirely sure.
These apple chips are beautiful! It has a lot of rustic charm. I bet they smelled amazing in the oven.