Ultimate Andes Mint Cookies
These Andes mint cookies are the ultimate chocolate and mint combination – soft and chewy cookies with a delicious chocolate/mint topping, and chopped Andes mints sprinkled on top!
I cannot say enough good things about these andes mint cookies! They just might be my favorite cookie out of all the cookies I’ve ever made! (And I’ve made a lot of cookies!). Seriously, they are that good.
There is a reason I’ve named them the ultimate andes mint cookies. If you like the combination of chocolate and mint, then you are sure to love these cookies.
They start with a soft and chewy chocolate cookie base. The cookie part is made from a cake mix, so they are super soft and also very quick to mix up and bake. The cookies by themselves are delicious, but just wait until you add all the toppings.
First you layer on some minty frosting (so good!), then top with a chocolate glaze, and then you finish the whole thing with chopped up andes mint candies. The whole cookie is a wonderful mint chocolate experience.
How good does that sound?? They are over the top delicious! If you are a fan of chocolate and mint, this cookie is for you. Please let me know if you try this one – I want everyone to love these cookies as much as we do.
These Andes mint cookies mark the beginning of this year’s 12 Days of Christmas Treats! Every year I share a new cookie recipe every day for the first 12 days of December. You can see all the previous year’s cookies under my Christmas Cookies tag. See all of this year’s cookies here: 12 Days of Christmas Treats 2015. Enjoy! And, as always, let me know if you try any and how you liked them.
Ultimate Andes Mint Cookies
These Andes mint cookies are the ultimate chocolate and mint combination - soft and chewy cookies with a delicious chocolate/mint topping, and chopped Andes mints sprinkled on top!
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk, if needed
- green food dye, *optional
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Andes Mint baking bits
- Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl beat together the cake mix, eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar. Make dough balls a little large than a Tablespoon and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are just set and let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Make the mint frosting: Beat butter until creamy. Add peppermint extract and slowly add the powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. You may need to add 1-2 Tablespoons milk if the frosting gets too thick. If desired, add a few drops of green food coloring and beat until color is uniform throughout. Spread on the cooled cookies.
- Make the chocolate glaze: Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Spoon over the top of the mint frosting and top with andes candies.
from Your Cup of Cake