We went on a family camping trip with Mike’s family last weekend, and of course we took Scamp with us! (By the way, we have become that couple that treats their puppy like their child…sad but true). Scamp loves being outside, loves being surrounded by people, and especially loves all kinds of new activities, so I was sure he would love camping. And other than a few harrowing experiences, I was right!
Good things about Camping (from Scamp’s point of view):
- Lots and lots of people who walk up to him and tell him how cute he is.
- Lots of little kids who want to play with the puppy.
- Lots of little kids who drop food that Scamp finds before we do.
- Sleeping on our sleeping bag with us instead of in his crate.
- Not once being left alone during the whole weekend
Bad things about camping (from Scamp’s point of view):
- The huge dog at the next campsite (and the many raccoons) left Scamp on high alert all weekend with little chance to relax.
- Rain. It stormed on our last day as we were trying to pack up the tent and Scamp got soaked. He was cold and shivering and generally unhappy about the whole situation.
- The boat ride. This started out innocently enough with a nice casual ride. We had Scamp up front thinking he’d love the wind in his face, and he did (video below). Then we started speeding up. 5-10 minutes at 40 mph left our puppy shaking and scared to death.
- The lake. Scamp gingerly explored the lake by putting the very tip of his paws in it on the first day. On the second day, however, he got so caught up in a game of fetch that he plunged wholeheartedly into the lake after a stick I had thrown. The look of surprise and panic on his face when he realized he was swimming was hilarious. The dirty, wet and cold puppy that resulted from the incident was not hilarious.
**I haven’t given you a Nutro update in a few weeks, but Scamp is loving his food. We’ve been putting angel eyes on his food as well, to help with his tear stains, and I’m thinking he doesn’t love that quite as much as the Nutro food, but he eats it. I also discovered a stuffed turtle the Nutro people had sent for Scamp that I had forgotten about. Scamp absolutely loves that thing! It’s his favorite toy and he sleeps with it in his crate every night. Every morning after he eats his breakfast, he trots off back to the bedroom, grabs the turtle out of his crate and sprints out with the turtle in his mouth – it’s so cute! If he can’t get in his crate to get it, he stands at the door and whines and barks until someone comes and opens his crate door so he can get his turtle.
And now, the (somewhat boring) video you’ve been waiting for: Scamp takes a boat ride.
This is a sponsored post. Nutro provided me with products and promotional items and is compensating me for my time. As always, all opinions are my own.