Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

How cute are these pepperoni pizza puffs? They were a big hit around my house and would be absolutely perfect for get togethers with friends. I’m even posting them earlier than I planned just so you can make these for your Superbowl party next weekend! :)

These pizza puffs are like light little biscuits with pizza toppings baked right into them. I used the traditional toppings of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and added in some chopped peppers as well. They were great like that, but I’m also interested in trying all sorts of mix-ins like pineapple, bacon, or sausage! They taste a little like the pizza bites I posted awhile ago, but these are much quicker and easier to make. They taste good on their own, but make sure you serve them with pizza sauce for dipping because that makes them taste like little bite-sized pizzas! I’m a fan of anything that tastes like pizza and these are certainly no exception. :)

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Yield: 18-24

3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
2 oz pepperoni, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup Pizza sauce

Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly grease 18-24 mini muffin cups. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and baking powder. Stir in the milk and egg, then add in the mozzarella and pepperoni and mix together. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Briefly stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the pizza puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

38 Responses to “Pepperoni Pizza Puffs”

Simply Life — January 30, 2012 @ 7:08 am

oh these are ADORABLE and I’m sure the options are endless! I just “pinned” them :)

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — January 30, 2012 @ 8:14 am

Bite sized pizza is something I can always get on board with. These look so flavorful, can’t wait to try them!

Eliana — January 30, 2012 @ 9:58 am

These look perfect to enjoy while watching the big game but I could certainly enjoy them just as much any day of the year.

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons — January 30, 2012 @ 11:09 am

Love these little pizza biscuits!!!!!!! They remind me of glorious stuffed crust =)

Zee — January 30, 2012 @ 11:28 am

Great recipe.. I really like this idea.. adorable little puffs

BusyWorkingMama — January 30, 2012 @ 11:33 am

Yum – these would be delicious dipped in the sauce!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 30, 2012 @ 11:57 am

I’d love to make these for super bowl but I might not be able to share!

biz — January 30, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Saw you on television–nicely done!! Also, I love your orange font.

• megan replied: — January 31st, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

Thanks Biz, it’s good to hear from you! :)

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — January 30, 2012 @ 10:03 pm

what a good idea! these would be perfect for this weekend! :)

Erika - The Teenage Taste — January 31, 2012 @ 7:15 am

Awww, these little puffs are so cute! I bet they’d be a hit at my SuperBowl party! :-D

Bo W — January 31, 2012 @ 10:45 am

I just made these the other day RR’s recipe…they are so good!

• megan replied: — January 31st, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

These ones came from Rachael Ray’s recipe too – so glad you agree that they’re good! :)

Kelli W — January 31, 2012 @ 2:34 pm

Just have to let you know that each recipe I’ve tried from your site has turned out wonderfully and have been added to the “make again!” pile. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

• megan replied: — January 31st, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Kelli – That is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for your kind comment!

Kim — January 31, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

I am making these for Superbowl! My guests will love them. Thank you Megan.

• megan replied: — January 31st, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Thanks for the comment Kim – I hope they are a hit! :)

Emily Richett — January 31, 2012 @ 7:11 pm

I veganized this recipe and made it with Dayia cheese tonight- delicious! Thanks for sharing with FOX 17 viewers!

• megan replied: — January 31st, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Thanks for the comment Emily – I’m so glad you liked them! It was great meeting you, and once again, thanks for having me on the show! :)

Denise — February 1, 2012 @ 3:40 am

I read about these some time ago and somehow totally forgot about them (I know, strange. But hey; that happens;) ). Good thing I’m seeing this post and gorgeous pictures now, need to try them soon!

Liz Gossner — February 1, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

Hi Megan! I made these this evening for a Women’s Bible Study I attended. They were a big hit! They all said to tell you they liked them :) I didn’t have any sauce because I decided to try them last minute. They were good but would be really good with sauce. Thanks for the recipe!

• megan replied: — February 2nd, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Hi Liz! Thanks for the comment :) I’m so glad you liked them! And how fun that they were for a women’s Bible study – I’m guessing I know some of the people who were there? :)

Tiffany — February 5, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

I made these today and since we had no pepperoni I opted to leave it out. On a whim I added shredded cheddar to replace it. They taste soooo good!

• megan replied: — February 6th, 2012 @ 8:45 am

I”m so glad you liked them! Great idea for a cheese substitution :)

4jsMOM — February 10, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

I made these the other night. They were so good. And the left overs were delicious after reheating in the toaster oven. Thanks for posting this recipe.

• megan replied: — February 13th, 2012 @ 11:10 am

I’m so glad you liked these! Great idea on the toaster oven for reheating. :)

Kate — February 11, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

I made these last night and they were delicious! I am confused though, since I halved the recipe and expected to have 9-12 of them….and only have enough batter for 5.
    Next time I’m going to try making the full recipe instead, since 5 was far too few!

• megan replied: — February 13th, 2012 @ 11:08 am

I’m so glad you liked them! I remember that I had to make them pretty small to get the full amount the recipe said. I liked them that way because they are very bite sized, but if you are making them bigger it makes sense that you got less. Either way, I”m glad you liked them! :)

Bre — February 14, 2012 @ 5:54 pm

Tried these this morning, used a cupcake pan, only made about 9, far too few, lol. But, success once again, thanks Megan!! Must make these again. Any other filling suggestions? Sharp cheese perhaps?

• megan replied: — February 17th, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

I’m so glad you liked them! You could put anything in these that you would want on pizza…pineapple, sausage, other veggies, etc. The options are endless :)

Emma — February 25, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

Just made these for dinner and they were awesome!! They were a huge hit with my toddler too :-) thanks so much for sharing.

• megan replied: — February 27th, 2012 @ 5:52 am

I”m so glad you liked them! :)

Paula's Plate — June 30, 2012 @ 11:57 am

Thanks for this great idea Megan! I just made some for dinner the other night and they were a HUGE hit! I blogged about it here:
    Thanks again, I love your site :-)

• megan replied: — July 2nd, 2012 @ 9:27 am

So glad you liked these! :)

SuperBowl Chow — March 6, 2013 @ 9:48 am

[...] son and his girlfriend made these pepperoni pizza puffs.  I don’t think this is the exact recipe but close enough.  These were delicious – hot, cheesy [...]

amanda — June 20, 2013 @ 9:53 am

omg! I absolutely loved these! My aunt was crazy about them too! You are awesome Megan!

layla — June 20, 2013 @ 9:57 am

☺These were a wonderful idea Megan. So cute too!☺

michael kors handbags outlet — March 27, 2014 @ 3:16 pm

I’ve been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found
    any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough
    for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers
    made good content as you did, the internet will
    be a lot more useful than evera before.

michael kors handbags outlet