Mango Lemonade

Mango Lemonade

I mentioned this mango lemonade a few weeks ago when I made mango ice cream. Whole Foods had sent me a huge box of mangoes and I was experimenting with fun new recipes (mangoes taste great in smoothies, by the way!). I have made peach lemonade in the past and it was such a huge hit that I decided to try mango lemonade. It was definitely a good idea because Mike and I both ended up really liking this. It’s refreshing and sweet, and the buttery mangoes give it a nice smooth texture. I would recommend stirring it before you serve it, as the mango part tends to settle at the bottom. You can bet that I’ll be experimenting with many more lemonade recipes as we enter the Summer fruit season – strawberry lemonade is next on my list. :)

Mango Lemonade

Mango Lemonade

1/2 cup mango puree that has been strained through a fine mesh strainer
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 cups water
3/4 - 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

Bring the mango puree, sugar, and water to a boil, and then simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely then stir in the lemon juice. Serve over ice.

adapted from this Peach Lemonade recipe

13 Responses to “Mango Lemonade”

Cara — May 21, 2012 @ 8:24 am

Sounds like a perfect summer beverage!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 21, 2012 @ 9:17 am

So tasty and so delicious! Love it!

Cookbook Queen — May 21, 2012 @ 9:25 am

I *love* the flavor mango adds to drinks and smoothies. I want to drink the whole pitcher of this stuff!!

Megan — May 21, 2012 @ 11:07 am

Looks delicious! My husband LOVES mango so I want to use it more often. How many mangoes did you use for your puree?

Rachel Cooks — May 21, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

Oh I LOVE this! I bet it is so refreshing. Must try!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 22, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

This looks so refreshing! I would have never thought to use mango as a lemonade base. You are a genius!

Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake — May 23, 2012 @ 12:42 am

This looks like the perfect refreshing summer beverage! and I’m super excited to try out the peach lemonade version as well!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — May 23, 2012 @ 9:20 am

sounds so refreshing!

lemonade | Diary of a Crazed Cook — June 1, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

[...] mango lemonade [...]

The Smartest Thing She Had Eaten For Health – Mango | The Smartest Thing — January 25, 2013 @ 6:32 am

[...] Mango Lemonade (Recipe from whatmegansmaking) [...]

We love the many lemonades we can make when life gives us lemons! | Hip Veggies — March 31, 2013 @ 5:46 pm

[...] Mango lemonade [...]

angie — April 2, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

about how many glasses does this make?

Sweet Refreshment - Summer Drinks & Homemade Ice Lollipops | One Fab Day — June 5, 2013 @ 10:31 am

[...] 3. Raspberry & Peach lemonade recipe via Damn Delicious / 4.Mango Lemonade recipe via What Megan’s Making / 5. Vanilla Bean Lemonade recipe via Simple Craves and Olive Oil / 6. Thyme Lemonade receip via [...]