If you love the idea of thick and chewy cinnamon cookies, these snickerdoodle bars are for you! They are so soft and full of cinnamon flavor – I couldn’t believe how good they were! I made these for our family Easter celebration and everyone who tried them absolutely loved them. The recipe is basically a blondie recipe with some cinnamon added to the batter. The best part, though, is the cinnamon sugar topping sprinkled over the whole thing. It really gives these bars a snickerdoodle flavor. The snickerdoodle topping and the wonderful thick and chewy texture make these cookies ones you don’t want to miss.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gently stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Combine the 2 Tablespoons of white sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a little bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. Cut into bars with a sharp knife while still warm.
from Dozen Flours