Barbecue Chicken Pizza
I’m sorry about the poor picture quality on this post, but trust me when I tell you that you are going to want to try this barbecue chicken pizza. I’ve been making this pizza for a few months, but for some reason, it never seemed like enough of a “recipe” to put it on the blog. Mike absolutely loves it though, and the last time we had this for dinner he told me I’d better take a picture and write a post about it. So I snapped a quick picture before we cut into it, and here you go! 🙂
I used my favorite homemade pizza crust and modeled the rest of the pizza after our favorite take-out version (Jet’s pizza, for those of you in the area). I love that the barbecue sauce is more of a topping than a sauce, which keeps it from being overwhelming. Plenty of cheese, tender barbecued chicken and diced red onion make up the rest of the toppings and turn this pizza into something truly delicious. We love this meal and I hope you will too.
*Note: I use this pizza stone and this pizza peel to make my homemade pizzas and would recommend both products!
Interested in other homemade pizza recipes? Check out this delicious chicken bacon ranch pizza or this go-to margarita pizza and of course this quick and easy pizza sauce!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 unbaked pizza crust (1/2 of this recipe)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Garlic clove, smashed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- ~3/4 cup barbecue sauce (use more or less as your tastes prefer)
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Toss the chicken with about 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce until lightly coated. Set aside.
- Prepare pizza dough according to the directions. Place olive oil and garlic in a microwave safe container and microwave for 30 seconds, then allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll out the pizza crust and brush with garlic oil. Top with cheese, chicken and red onion. Drizzle remaining barbecue sauce over the top.
- Bake according to the pizza crust directions.
Megan, I made this tonight and we loved it! I’ve made a version of it before but I really liked this recipe with the garlic oil etc, and I also used your pizza crust recipe instead of a few others I often use and loved that as well. Thanks!!
I’m so glad you liked it! You are so sweet to always comment when you try something. 🙂 Miss you friend!
Forgot to say… I didn’t have red onion on hand, only yellow ones, so I sliced like an onion and a half thin and caramelized it… nice and sweet to go with the BBQ sauce. Works if you don’t have the red, or I might even like it better!
I am all about this pizza! My husband will flip when he sees this recipe 🙂