10 things I’ve learned from food blogging (a year in review)
|Homemade Hostess Cupcakes
1. There is a point at which I get tired of baking. It takes awhile, but this past month, I think I hit it.
2. When in doubt, always throw an extra package of butter into your grocery cart. I’ve gone through more butter this past year than I thought physically possible.
3. Good friends will not think it’s strange when they show up for dinner and you’re photographing a plate of food instead of setting the table.
4. Likewise, close family won’t care if you bring a dessert to a family dinner with a piece cut out of the middle because you had to take a picture of it.
6. Eating oatmeal and pancakes for dinner during the week so that you can spend extra money to eat (and photograph) a good dinner on the weekend is totally worth it.
|Orecchiette with Mini Chicken Meatballs
7. I really need to learn to make half recipes of things, especially cookies.